October 09, 2008

Almost Persuaded

ALMOST PERSUADED

-Part 1-

1- John Lennon - (Just Like) Starting Over
2- Supertramp - My Kind Of Lady
3- Blondie - In The Flesh
4- The Pasadenas - Enchanted Lady
5- Kylie Minogue - Tears On My Pillow
6- Bombalurina - Down Came The Rain
7- The Pointer Sisters - Should I Do It
8- Sheena Easton - Morning Train (Nine To Five)
9- Racey - Lay Your Love On Me
10- Supergrass - Alright
11- Dance Hall Crashers - Big Mouth
12- Would-Be-Goods - The Camera Loves Me
13- Bad Manners - Hey Little Girl
14- The Nitecaps - Little Too Long
15- Olivia Newton-John - Fool Country
16- The Oak Ridge Boys - Love Is Everywhere
17- Gail Davies - Following You Around
18- Crystal Gayle - A Little Bit Of Rain
19- Eddie Rabbitt - I Love a Rainy Night
20- The Rubinoos - Jennifer
21- Carpenters - Sweet, Sweet Smile
22- Saray - Stuff Like That There
23- Bette Midler - Billy-A-Dick
24- Christina Aguilera - Candyman
25- Beth Rowley - Almost Persuaded (live)


-Part 2-

1- The Rolling Stones - Start Me Up
2- John Walsh - Please, Please (Be My Girl)
3- Jackson Browne - Stay
4- The Housemartins - Caravan Of Love [a cappella]
5- The Flying Pickets - Only You [a cappella]
6- 'Weird Al' Yankovic - Since You've Been Gone [a cappella]
7- Greg Phillinganes - Countdown To Love
8- Matt Bianco - Yeh Yeh
9- Violent Femmes - Dating Days
10- The Broken Family Band - Happy Days Are Here Again
11- The Pipettes - Judy
12- Pat Wilson - Bop Girl Goes Surfing
13- Leif Garrett - Put Your Head On My Shoulder
14- Jason Donovan - Sealed With A Kiss
15- The Raveonettes - Here Comes Mary
16- The Pretenders - Thin Line Between Love And Hate
17- Linda Ronstadt - Ruler Of My Heart
18- Bonnie Tyler - (You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman
19- Q-Tips - A Man Can't Lose (What He Don't Have)
20- Street Boys - It's A Great Day
21- Jesse Frederick - Sweet Little Lover
22- Nick Lowe - Cruel To Be Kind
23- Dr. Feelgood - Roxette
24- The Knack - My Sharona
25- The Beach Boys - Getcha Back

http://www.megaupload.com/es/?d=QQ0C17HGH

http://www.megaupload.com/es/?d=71MKROINI

compiled by Emiliano M. A. aka Rocky Monroe (Spain, 2008)

5 Comments:

At Thursday, 08 January, 2009, Blogger McBeauT said...

HI! Emiliano, you have the greatest oldies blog I've ever seen. Your compilations are great from start to finish. And what's even more incredible, I found a song on one of your comp. and It's a cover of my all-time favorite oldies:
Mister Murray - DOWN CAME THE RAIN (1965). I've been looking for this song for years, Bombalurina - DOWN CAME THE RAIN. You would make me the happiest man in the world if you could post the links for "ALMOST PERSUADED". Thanks in advance & thank you for the great music you share with us, you're doing a great job. McBeau from Canada.

 
At Thursday, 08 January, 2009, Blogger Emiliano M. A. said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At Friday, 09 January, 2009, Blogger McBeauT said...

Hello! Again Emiliano. First let me say THANK YOU for your quick response. You should have seen me waiting for the software to decompress the file. I looked like a crazy man. Could not wait to hear "DOWN CAME THE RAIN" again. When the song started to play, I was in heaven. I even phoned two of my friends who love music like me to play them the song over the phone. Usually I prefer the original version but in this case, the bombalurina cover is better, for me anyway. I also discovered great songs I never heard before like Blondie "In The Flesh". You sure have great taste in music. And you know what??? YOU MADE ME THE HAPPIEST MAN IN THE WORLD:). Thanks a lot Emiliano & have a nice weekend:)

McBeau

 
At Tuesday, 10 March, 2009, Blogger Unknown said...

Hola
Emiliano, I'm very happy that I found your great blog by accident when I was looking for a cover pic for Wynona Carr "Jump Jack Jump" on Google images.Hope you don't mind if I use the links to AlmostPersuaded.Always interested when someone loves a song I don't know so now I'm looking forward to "Down Came The Rain".Plus it's a fantastic compilation of tracks I love already.
Chris (Reino Unido)

 
At Saturday, 14 March, 2009, Blogger Emiliano M. A. said...

Thanks a lot. Feel yourself at home ;)

E.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home